Yes , you can.
- you need an unlocked boot loader.
- have enough space in internal storage >100 MB (don’t need that much, just safe side)
- Boot your device to Fastboot .
- connect to PC and in cmd verify connection with pc by typing “fastboot devices”
- download twrp for your devices in the location from where CMD is running.
- Type fastboot boot twrp.x.x.x.img (make sure type the correct file name)
Optional: if you want to flash it type fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x.x.img (make sure type the correct file name)